The DNR Wildlife Resources Division, in cooperation with Dalton Utilities, will be conducting two youth duck hunts on Dalton Utilities Land Application Facility located in Murray County, Georgia.
Dates: December 16-17, 2011 and January 6-7, 2012
Times: Friday, December 16 or January 6 at 3pm – 4pm
Saturday, December 17 or January 7 at Daylight- 2 pm
Age Range: Children age 12-16 yrs old.
Legal Weapons: Shotguns only with non- toxic shot
Restrictions: Must be accompanied by an adult 18 or older at all times.
Deadline for entry: December 9, 2011. Applications must be received by 10:00am. No faxes will be accepted. Only one application per hunter will be accepted. Hunters that send more than one application will be disqualified. All hunters will be randomly drawn for hunting areas.
Mandatory Orientation: All hunters selected for the hunt must report to check-in station at 3:00 pm on Friday, December 16 or January 6 for mandatory orientation, safety briefing, and assignment of hunting area. Failure to report on either of these days will result in disqualification from hunt.
Applicants should mail the following items to reach the DNR office BEFORE December 9:
- A postcard with the following information for both youth hunter & supervising adult:
- Daytime and Nighttime phone number
- Birth date
- Date of preferred hunt (December 16-17 or January 6-7) or indicate either is fine
- An essay by the youth hunter of 100 words or less containing past hunting experience, why he/she wants to be invited to the duck hunt, and any other information that he/she wants to include.
- Hunt postcards and essay should be placed in the same envelope and mailed to::
Attn: Corporal Nathaniel Jones
One Memory Lane, PO Box 786, Calhoun, Georgia 30703-0786