- Wastewater is discharged from homes and businesses into underground collection system pipes.
- Wastewater flows by gravity through the collection system to the Wastewater Treatment Plant.
- Manholes are located throughout the collection system for easy access to underground pipes for maintenance and repairs.
- Sewer lift stations are used throughout the system to pump wastewater through higher elevations to points where gravity can once again be used.
- Wastewater from the collection system piping discharges into the wastewater treatment plants.