Natural gas is a safe, clean, efficient source of energy.
However, leaks can occur.
Gas Leak Indicators
- You may smell a sulfur-like or “rotten egg” odor in your home or office
- You may hear a hissing sound or an unusual noise coming from an appliance
- A fire may start in or near a gas appliance or piping
If You Smell Natural Gas, Act Fast!
- Do not attempt to locate the leak
- Do not turn lights on or off
- Do not smoke or use lighters, matches or open flames
- Do not use your landline phone or cell phone
- Don’t take a cordless phone outside as the base may ignite in the home or business
- Leave your home or office immediately
- Get to a safe place and call 911
If you follow these simple instructions and know the signs of a natural gas leak, you are sure to keep yourself and your family safe from harm.
If you smell gas, act fast!