What is this PROJECT CARE that is listed at the bottom of my utility bill?
- IT IS a program administered by the Salvation Army that helps people in our community who need assistance with their utility bills or rent.
- IT IS the amount accumulated by rounding up your utility bill and sent to the Salvation Army.
- IT IS NOT a monthly assistance program. Project CARE allows financial assistance only once a year to an applicant.
- IT IS in place to assist those who have had a sudden change in circumstances, such as an unexpected medical bill, a major car repair, or a change in employment.
- IT IS a program you voluntarily participate in, agreeing to have your utility bill rounded up to the nearest dollar. The average round-up is 50¢ per month, or $6.00 annually, and never more than 99¢ per month, or $11.88 annually.
Example: If your bill is $188.56, we round your amount up to $189.00. This means that you would donate 44¢. This may seem like a small amount, but when we put our pennies together, each cent donated adds up quickly. Dalton Utilities remits 100% of our customers’ donations.