When you are trying to stick to a budget, your utility bill can often be a wild card. Take the guess work out of your utilities with Levelized Billing! The weather has a big impact on the amount of utilities you use. For some customers, their highest bills are in the summer when air conditioning is being used. For others, it is the winter when they are heating their homes during the cold weather months. Wouldn’t it be nice if your utility bill only varied a few dollars each month?
With Levelized Billing, you say goodbye to those peaks and valleys. Why? Levelized Billing customers pay approximately the same amount each month, based on a rolling average of your previous 12 months’ utility usage. Sign-up for Levelized Billing today!
Who is Eligible for Dalton Utilities’ Levelized Billing?
Dalton Utilities residential customers who have the following:
- 12 months of valid history billed to them at the premise.
- Plans to remain at the premise for the upcoming 12-month period to prevent billing of large deferred balances.
- Good credit standing with Dalton Utilities.
- Are currently on or willing to go on Bank Draft.
- Agree to remain on Levelized Billing for a minimum of 12 months.
How do I Sign Up for Levelized Billing?
There is no need to come to our office. You can sign up on our website or call us at 706-278-1313. But if you want to do it in person, you can come by our office at 1200 V.D. Parrott Jr. Parkway, Dalton, GA 30721. All you will need to sign up is your account number, service address and a voided check for bank draft (only if you are not already signed up for bank draft).
Frequently Asked Questions
- How is my levelized amount calculated? Dalton Utilities takes a “rolling” average of your current bill and your 12 prior monthly totals to create your levelized average. The rolling average keeps your usage figures current. For example, in January 2015, your levelized billing average will include the totals of all your bills from January 2014 to present. In February 2015, the total will be calculated from bill totals dating from February 2014 to present. The goal is to keep your levelized amount in sync with your actual usage so that no account will carry unusual overages/deficits.
- How will I know my actual bill total and utility usage? Your bill will still look the same. We will simply add a block on the payment portion, as well as at the top of your bill, that notes your Levelized Amount Due. Your bill will still show the total bill amount, as well as usage figures.
- What happens if I want to cancel Levelized Billing? If you have a deferred balance, the total will become due at the time you cancel this service.
- What happens if I have a leak? Dalton Utilities currently flags all accounts that show unusual usage patterns. Should you develop a leak, we will send a letter and advise you of the increased usage. If a leak is detected, have it repaired and bring your receipts in to our office. We will then work with you to resolve the issue based on past water usage.
- What happens if I don’t have enough money in my bank account to cover my levelized bill when it is due? If this happens, Dalton Utilities has the option of removing the customer from the Levelized Billing plan. If at that time the account has a deferred balance, that balance will become due immediately.
- If I discontinue Levelized Billing, can I come back on at a later date? If you stop Levelized Billing, you may come back on the program 12 months after your stop date.