Dalton Utilities, in cooperation with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources (DNR), will be holding three quota hunts for turkey during the 2019 hunting season. Selections for these hunts will be drawn at random.
Applications will only be accepted online at the Dalton Utilities website. Postcard or letter applications will not be accepted
|Hunt||2019 Dates||Additional Information|
|March 16 – 17||
|Wheelchair Hunt||March 23 – 24||
|General Public Hunt||April 6 – 7||
- Shotguns with No. 2 or smaller shot
- Any muzzle loading firearm (scopes allowed)
- Bows and crossbows may be used
- Applications must be submitted online (see application below).
- Applicant must have a valid email account to receive acceptance or rejection notices concerning hunts.
- Applications must be received by Friday, February 22, 2019.
- Youth hunt applicants must list the names of both adult and child. The adult may also apply for a General Hunt. Both adult and child hunter must submit an application.
- Only one application per hunter will be accepted. Hunters that send more than one application will be disqualified.
- All hunters will be given assigned hunting areas.
- All hunters selected must report to the check-in station between 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on the Friday prior to their hunt for orientation and assignment of hunting area. Failure to report by 5:00 p.m. will result in disqualification from the hunt.
- Hunt schedules are subject to change. Dalton Utilities will assess the results of each hunt and will make the necessary adjustments to provide maximum availability to hunters, while assuring optimal performance of the Land Application System.
Apply for a hunt below!