The packets included:
- interactive educational books with games, puzzles & teachers’ guides
- rain gauges for classrooms
- water usage wheels with water facts & conservation tips
I’m In The Know About H2O helped students learn about water as an essential and limited resource and what each of us can do to protect and conserve it.
Conservation tips the students learned:
- do not let water run when brushing teeth or washing your face
- asking parents to fix leaks
- washing full loads of laundry and dishes
- water your lawn and plants only once a week
- turn off sprinklers when it’s raining
As part of the I’m In The Know About H2O program, students submitted artwork that highlighted important water conservation tips.
And the winners are:
- 1st Place: Jose Retiz, Park Creek Elementary
- 2nd Place: Jaqueline Rivera, Varnell Elementary
- 3rd Place: Diego Guzman, Dug Gap Elementary
- Honorable Mention: Autumn Thompson, Dug Gap Elementary
- Honorable Mention: Luzestrella Torres, Dawnville Elementary
To see the winning student artwork and learn more about this program, go to https://www.dutil.com/in-the-know-about-h20/.