What is the easiest way to save on your electrical bill? First of all, become conscious of your electrical use. Secondly, conserve, conserve, conserve! Below are some easy-to-do electrical conservation methods customers can use to decrease their energy usage (and utility bills!) this summer.
- Check your attic insulation to make sure it meets the recommended R-30 value for our area. Improving your attic insulation can save 10% to 50% of your cooling costs.
- Seal any cracks around windows and doors that might be allowing your cool air to escape and hot air in.
- Keep air ducts clean and outdoor equipment free of dirt and debris.
- Check your air conditioning filter once a month and replace or clean it if it is dirty. When you leave for the day, set your thermostat to a higher temperature. Also, draw blinds and curtains on windows receiving direct sunlight.
- Make sure to clean your clothes dryer’s lint filter after each load.
- Make sure your clothes dryer is vented to the outside during the hot summer months.