Financial Assistance Available for Heating Costs
For those who need financial assistance with their heating bills, several local organizations have assistance programs available to those who meet the qualifications.
- Community Action Agency, Murray County: 706-695-5913
- Community Action Agency, Whitfield County: 706-226-7241
- United Way: 706-278-9230
- DOC-UP, Dalton Organization of Churches United for People:
- Northwest Georgia Family Crisis Center: 706-278-5586
- Providence Ministries: 706-275-0268
- United Methodist Children's Home: 706-278-4010
- Whitfield County Department of Family & Children Services:
- Salvation Army - Project Share*: 706-278-3966
* - Project Share is a program funded by donations from customers of Dalton Utilities, Georgia Power and North Georgia EMC. Utilities assistance funding through Project Share is administered through the Salvation Army. All requests for Project Share funds must go through the Salvation Army.